5 Hour Kenai Fjords Wildlife Cruise
Departing from Seward, Alaska
Our 5 Hour Kenai Fjords Wildlife Cruise ventures 55 miles roundtrip into the world of wildlife found in and around the pristine waters of Resurrection Bay. You will experience up-close encounters with wildlife as we guide our ship along massive bird rookeries and sea lion colonies, stopping along the route to view passing whales and otters. You will see alpine glaciers tucked in the surrounding Chugach and Kenai Mountain Ranges. You will also cruise by Bear Glacier, a piedmont glacier and the largest glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. The protected waters of Resurrection Bay are calmer than the open waters of Kenai Fjords National Park, making this tour ideal for those who are prone to seasickness.
May 9 - September 13, 2015
- 12:00 pm
- 5:00 pm
- Infants under 2yrs
Tax, harbor fee, and meal not included in the above prices.
- Cruise the calm, protected waters of Resurrection Bay
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, seabirds
- Onboard National Park Ranger
- Fun and educational Junior Ranger Program available
- Delicious Alaska salmon and prime rib feast served buffet style for only $19
- Guaranteed reserved seating in a heated cabin for every guest
- Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard
- Ideal for families and those traveling with small children.
- Vessel: Star of the Northwest
- Click here for Route Map and Detailed Cruise Description
How to Get Here
Our 5 Hour Kenai Fjords Wildlife Cruise departs daily from Seward, a seaside town located 125 miles south of Anchorage on Alaska’s famous Kenai Peninsula. The highly scenic drive to Seward from Anchorage provides countless views of mountains, inlets, lakes, rivers, glaciers, and more. If you’d rather use your travel time to sit back and relax while you gaze at the spectacular sights, we are more than happy to arrange roundtrip transportation via motorcoach or the legendary Alaska Railroad.
Click here for Seward Driving Directions & Check-In Information
Click here for Transportation Options